19 June 2014

Drugstore Makeup and Beauty Haul ♡

Hi everyone. My name is Rhin and I'm a makeup-aholic.
Lately I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and finding a lot of new products and being all like 'oooooh yeah I wanna buy that and smear it all over my face' so that's exactly what I've done. And I sat down yesterday and looked at my little makeup collection and realized how much it had ... expanded. So here I am sharing my purchases and mini reviews with you! :)

My little haul ... or is it little? It's not a super big haul, okay. My medium to small sized haul :)

I just wanna start by saying that I didn't buy all of this in one go, it was over a period of about like a month and a half ... yeah that doesn't really make it better but anyways haha ;)


I'll start of with hair. I got these two things, coincidentally both by Tressemé. I got the Tressemé 'Heat Tamer Protective Spray'. I've never owned a heat protectant spray before and I really wanted to get one and had heard great things about the Tressemé one, so I decided to give it a try and I really really love it. It's a fine mist that you spray onto your hair before you apply heat to it and it protects your hair, and it smells AMAZING. It smells like strawberries and cream and on top of all of that it's only around $9 from Warehouse so you really can't go wrong. The other Tresemmé product I got was a hairspray and I got the Ultimate Hold Lacquer hairspray. It's a very fine mist and goes onto my hair quite easily and it's not crunchy or shiny unless I'm going for that look and put heaps on. It smells similar to the heat spray but more medicine-y if that makes sense but I still really like it :) 


Okay, now onto makeup. I'll start with foundations. I got the Revlon 24hr colourstay foundation for normal to dry skin but if you have oily skin, they offer the same shades and the same foundations but for combination to oily skin as well, so this is totally good for everyone. The coverage is medium but it is very very buildable. It blends out really nicely and you don't need an awful lot for your whole face. It's not extremely dewey but it's definitely not matte, it's like a really nice in between. This is my favourite drugstore foundation and I would really highly recommend this if you're looking for a drugstore foundation, and I got it in the shade 220 Natural Beige but it's actually too dark for me so I have to go and get another one in my colour :) The other foundation I got was the Maybelline Fit me liquid foundation and I got that in 120 Classic Ivory which is the lightest one they sell I think, and you can pick it  up from basically anywhere and they're around $22 so they're significantly cheaper than the Revlon but it's also not as good. It's a lot more dewey than the Revlon and not as buildable and I find it slightly harder to blend but nothing that I can't work with. The coverage is light to medium but it's not as buildable. This is a really good foundation if you're just starting out with makeup since it's so cheap but if you want something that's more heavy duty and less dewey then I recommend the Revlon colourstay :)

Onto concealers, now concealers are the most important to me because I have absolutely horrid dark under eye circles (thanks mum) so I'm always on the hunt for new concealers. This time, I picked up two. I'll start off with the Maybelline Fit me concealer. I've been using the Maybelline concealer for a while now and this is the third tube I've had. I really really like it actually, it's got good coverage and it's quite dewey, which I like. It also blends easily onto my skin. The only problem I have with it is that it does crease very easily on me and I don't yet own an undereye setting powder so I'm always wiping underneath my eyes to get rid of the gathered concealer. But other than that I really love this concealer and would highly recommend it, and I have mine in the shade 15 Fair and you can get it from everywhere for around $20 I think. The other concealer I got I CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH LIKE OH MY GOSH. Sorry my label is really faded but I take this concealer with me everywhere. It's the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer and I've got mine in 2 Cool-medium. This concealer stays on for sooo long, it says on the package that it lasts for 16 hours and it actually does. It's amazing like I can't even begin to describe how good it is. It has a weird smell to it funnily enough, but the smell has never bothered me. It doesn't crease on me either, it just stays put all day. It's soooo easy to blend and it has amazing coverage and it's just ... just go out and buy it, you won't be dissapointed. You can pick it up from Countdown for I think around $15 but I'm not too sure. 

I am aware that almost every beauty blogger has raved about these but it's for good reason! Maybelline colour tattoos are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I haven't found anywhere that sells vivid colours, so far I've only found simple nude colours but you can pick these up for $14. I've got two in 70 Barely Branded and my favourite, 25 Bad to the Bronze. They're basically eyeshadow bases that make any other eyeshadow you put on top stand out more, but I'm too lazy with eyeshadow and just apply these on their own and they still look amazing :) They're super creamy, pigmented and easy to apply and they have some really cool colours if you know where to find them. 


Now onto eye and lip things, yeah weird combination I know haha. Firstly I have the Revlon colourstay eyeshadow quad in 10 Berry Bloom. Starting from the top, there's a really pinky champagne, then a greyish purple, then a kind of sunny pink and then a darkish purple. If you haven't noticed by now I'm absolutely horrible at describing colours haha ;) The quality of these are pretty good and they're nicely pigmented and yeah, thumbs up for those. And I got mine from Warehouse for $10. Then I got a Work the Colour eyeshadow stick from Collection and I got that in 2 Vintage Blush. It's a pale shimmery pink and it's really subtle but super pretty. It's not mega creamy but easy enough to apply and pigmented well and last for ages so I really like them, and they're only like $12 from Countdown but I'm not 100% certain on the price of them. Then I picked up one lipstick and that's the Maybelline Colour Whisper lipstick in 25 Lust for Blush. It's quite a mauvy plumy pink but it's absolutely gorgeous. It's extremely creamy and feels really moisturising and it smells amaaazing. It's not super pigmented, hence the name 'Whisper' but it is still super pretty and really subtle. You can pick it up from everywhere, I got mine from New World for $15.   


Now for eyeliners. I got three, I'll start off with pencils. I got the boe pencil eyeliner in brown. Word of advice : don't buy this. I got it because I really wanted a brown eyeliner and it was $2 so I thought I couldn't go wrong. No. It's horrible. It so unpigmented and sooo uncomfortable to put on, it tugs on your skin when you apply it and you have to press so hard to get anything on and just ugh. Save your money and don't buy it. Now onto the good stuff :) I got the Maybelline masterliner in black. This was actually a re-purchase since my first one ran out. I really like it, it's black, it's creamy, it's pigmented, it's easy to put on and you don't have to sharpen it, you just twist the barrel and more of the pencil comes out. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an eyeliner, you can get it for $20 from anywhere :) The Maybelline master precise liquid liner is also really really good. It's got a thin felty type tip and that's really all there is to say. It's easy to use, the liquid flows really well and it dries not fully matte but not shiny either. It doesn't smudge or crack and lasts ages and it's only $20 from everywhere ;)

I don't think makeup is ever complete until you've done with a little bit of mascara. My current favourite and one that I have bought recently is Maybelline the Falsies volum express. 
Now Maybelline has some really amazing mascaras, and they're affordable too. I have four different Maybelline mascaras like someone just needs to tell me to stop. Falsies gives me volume and length and I love it. I did notice that it smelt different to my other mascaras but maybe it's just me haha. It's got a big, curved wand and it easy to put on (as most mascaras are haha). 



Last but not least, Garnier intensive 7 days moisturiser. I LOVE this! It has a very light smell and it's the best moisturiser I've ever tried. The day after I've applied it I can feel that there's a huge improvement in my skin and this is just a saviour for winter. I'm not sure how much it is, but it is super duper cheap and I would really really highly recommend getting this :)







Wooooow this was a really really long post, wow okay. I'm just really passionate about makeup sorry haha! Well, if you made it through that then congratulations and I hope this has maybe given you some ideas of what to buy or what not to buy and I hope you liked this blog post :)
Ciao! xx 

7 comments:

  1. Also, if you guys have any drugstore makeup recommendations for me then please please let me know :) Thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Is the garnier lotion a thick consistency?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more thick than watery but it's not completely thick, it's just a lovely in between :)

      Delete
  3. This was really helpful! THANKS
    Please check out my blog if you want!
    ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Revlon Colorstay such a good foundation! it was my go-to when my skin was acne-prone

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the maybelline falsies mascara too :)
    Also, tresseme are one of my favourite brands for haircare! If you are looking or an amazing shampoo, i efinately reccommend the garnier ultimate belends shampoo and conditioner :) x
    Love from
    www.ourfavthingsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll definitely try some Tresseme and Garnier stuff :) You might see them in my next haul haha x

      Delete