27 November 2015

My Favourite Mascaras ♡



I must admit, I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I've tried pretty much every single drugstore mascara out there ... oh well. Here's my favourites from my vast ventures in the drugstore mascara world.

Firstly, I don't think there's a huge difference in quality when it comes to drugstore and high end mascaras, they all essentially do the same thing and the only huge variable (apart from price) is the brush. So I've vowed to only stick to drugstore mascaras, but if there are any really outstanding high end ones be sure to let me know!

My favourite mascara brand is Maybelline, I think their mascaras are just plain good. I can't really fault them. One of my favourites is the Maybelline Falsies. The brush has fiber bristles and it really fans out my lashes and gives them length and volume and is overall a great all rounder. The only criticism I've got is that once this mascara starts to dry out it gets extremely flaky and throughout the day bits of the mascara falls off from my lashes onto my undereye area, so I can only wear this mascara for about two months before it starts dying. But I love the way my eyelashes look with this mascara on, so for me it's worth the risk! :P  

Another favourite of mine is the Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal. Me and this mascara have been through a lot together. When I first got it I wasn't a huge fan of it, I found the consistency of the mascara way too fluidy and I found it difficult to build coats of it on my lashes and I just didn't find that it too much for my lashes. I came back to it a few weeks later and gave it one last try and I absolutely loved it! I think the mascara itself had dried out a bit over the weeks, and so the formula was much easier for me to work with. Now this mascara gives my lashes a TON of volume, and lengthens them a bit as well, and unlike the Falsies it hasn't flaked on me yet. Definitely worth the wait for it to dry out. 

I have a third favourite as well, but I seem to have lost the bottle? No idea where it's gone to *cries* but my third favourite would've been the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express - Cat eyes. It comes in a yellow bottle and has a very skinny, curved wand. It doesn't give you a ton of volume but it makes your lashes look super duper long and I find that my lashes look slightly more curly when I wear this. It gives you long, spidery lashes so if that sounds like something you'd like then I highly recommend trying this mascara

Any other mascaras I should try out? Dare you to suggest one I haven't already tried x 

Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment